Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My First Diaper Cake


This past weekend, I co-hosted a shower and presented my very first diaper cake. You may not know what this is, and frankly, I didn't know until about a month ago, but they're adorable and totally worth the little extra work. Honestly, it was SO much easier than I thought.


Here's what you'll need:
1. Approximately 60 diapers
2. Clear hair rubberbands
3. Regular large rubberbands
4. Bottles for the center (I used an 8 oz one an a 5 oz one)
5. Double-sided tape (buy the REALLY strong stuff)
6. Gross grain ribbon
7. Anything you want to decorate the outside with

I learned how to do it through this Youtube video, which was super helpful. The look on the mom-to-be's face was so worth it when she saw her adorable present. And, the best part is that she's not only getting a ton of useful diapers, she gets bottles and other fun stuff all tied up in a pretty package. Try it for your next shower!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! Never made one myself, but I hope to someday. Love these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the cake. My friend made me one for my babyshower and I loved it.

    New follower
    http://bigjandlittlej.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete